This website is an informational website regarding Charlotte International Airport located at North Carolina. The website is not related with the airport. Use this website to quickly find the most important information about Charlotte Airport: Flights (Departures, Arrivals and Delays), Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Charlotte airport. Plan your travel to CLT Airport with the information provided in this site.
Charlotte International Airport (IATA: CLT, ICAO: KCLT, FAA LID: CLT) officially named Charlotte Douglas International Airport is an international airport located in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is about 7 miles west of Charlotte city center
Charlotte airport is currently the second largest hub for American Airlines and, on the East Coast, is the second largest airport. It serves more than 140 nonstop destinations worldwide and more than 700 departures/landings daily.
Charlotte Airport has only one terminal building divided in 5 concourses:
- Concourse A: It is used by several airlines excluding American Airlines. Air Canada, Frontier Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and Via Air. It has 12 gates.
- Concourse B: Is currently served by American Airlines only and it has 16 gates.
- Concourse C: Is currently served by American Airlines, it has 18 gates.
- Concourse D: It is used for all international arrivals without customs preclearance. It is known as the international concourse of the airport. It has 13 gates. Is used by the following airlines: American Airlines and Lufthansa.
- Concourse E: Opened in 2002 is only used by American Eagle flights. It has 38 gates and operates more than 330 flights daily. E1 and E3 are available to be used for any carrier.
A New Concourse is planned to be built in the following years in the rental car area, as a separate terminal, only for new international carriers.
- Located 7 miles west downtown Charlotte
- 4 runways
- 1 Terminal with 5 concourses.
- 44.8 million travelers in 2015
- 154 domestic and international destinations
- Averaged nearly 700 daily departures.
- Busiest routes are: Atlanta, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Newark.
Taxis: Are available at the lower level curbside (Arrivals/Baggage Claim) of the terminal.
Bus: The CATS (Charlotte Area Transit System), provides 3 routes from the airport to the Center City, Northlake or South Charlotte. The price is $3.
Car Rental: The Rental Car Facility is now open and serves all the rental car companies in the airport, except Sixt and Thrifty. Check rental car page on-line for availability and best prices.
Address: 5501 R C Josh Birmingham Pkwy. Charlotte, NC 28208. U.S.