There are plenty of dining and shopping choices in Charlotte International Airport. The list is extensive and ever changing and expanding. You will find most of the major wireless companies, fast food chains and elegant restaurants too, sporting goods, souvenirs, duty free, news stands, and more.
Charlotte Douglas Airport offers a wide range of services and facilities available to all passengers that request it or need it. For the airport it is really important to make the stay at the airport enjoyable.
passengers must get in contact with their airline to request travel assistance or wheelchair access. It is required to request the service previously to take the flight (recommended 48 hours before).
Contact for TSA Cares:
- Phone: (855) 787-2227
- E-mail: TSA-ContactCenter@tsa.dhs.gov
- Hours: From 8 am to 11 pm (weekdays). From 9 am to 8 pm (weekends and holidays).
- Volunteers Program: various volunteers provide helping information to travellers that need it. They are dressed with a yellow oxford shirt and there is written “Ask Me” very clearly. They provide information about the different stores, boarding gates and restaurants/cafés.
- Pet volunteers: it consists of a Pet Therapy program for various dogs that are volunteers at the airport. Each dog has a function at the airport: welcome passengers, visit Alzheimer's pacients/passengers at the memory care facility, visit nursing homes, etc.
Travelex offers service at Charlotte airport and other business as: Insurances, Western Union, Notary Services, among others.
At the airport passengers can find the service at:
- Atrium (from 7 am to 8 pm)
- Concourse D (from 2 pm to 8 pm)
- Area D (from 7 am to 9 pm)
A special room for mothers to nurse their babies.
Location: Atrium - on the upper level.
- Pick-up: visitors can pick-up passengers in the Hourly Parking (levels from 4th to 7th). The first hour is for free. They can also pick-up passengers in the Cell Phone Lot. In that case, the vehicle must be attended and visitors can drive to Arrivals to pick-up the passenger in question.
- Drop-off: Hourly parking or on the curbside on the upper level (Departures/Ticketing).
For military men/women and their relatives (include military retirees). A special and relax lounge to have a pleasant stay at Charlotte airport with a children’s play area, Internet, TV, Books & Magazines, Refreshments, among other services.
Location: Atrium - upper level.